Global 24x7x365 usage
Onshore + Offshore support
High customization level
High latency & complexity
The goal is to optimize & stabilize the application by reducing number of service tickets and also remove latency on key programs.
Greanalyze carefully studied the patterns logged in the ticketing system to understand the problem areas.
We analyzed the source of problems, time taken to resolve the problems, type of problems & type of resolution provided. We also analyzed the time each support resource was actually spending in closing the ticket.
We further analyzed company ergonomics & behavioral patterns along with business critical times & events to provide actionable intelligence for optimization of the ERP system, system support & system usage landscape.
Technical analysis, optimization & QA of custom programs & reports with latency issues running since years.
While problems are known, the incumbent business & IT responsible leads want to see if optimization could be achieved:
1. Without disturbing the business & IT support processes and activities.
2. Without utilizing existing businss & IT resources for knowledge transfer.
3. With redundant documentation
4. Without providing access to production environment.
5. Lack of in-depth & holistic knowledge existing custom code and impact of change.
6. Single planning program has 142 sub-programs with parallel scheduling taking 72 hours to complete. Single point failure requires the entire program to be re-run delaying implementation of planning engine recommendations and hence impacting performance of organization.
20 minor code changes identified to bring down average number of service requests and optimize associated business process.
Knowledge transfer from incumbent 16 resource staff completed in 2 weeks to transfer support to 1.5 on-shore resources.
Planning engine optimized to bring down run time from 72 hours to 45 minutes. A number of reports & programs identified with latency issues and their code & schedule optimized.
Failure rate of planning engine brought down to zero.
Environment considered stable by client
Non-resilient process with high latency as a single point of failure means starting from beginning.